Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Other Side


If life is a journey
Then direction is insignificant
And passage should be unconstricted 
Through this aberrant sojourn in time

While here
I prevail in icicle moments
hanging from a thin sky
Dripping microseconds
Which evaporate before they hit where there's no ground

Within the icicles
I spin on my heels,
And march through strange corridors
Flippantly constructed for me
Counting every breath, marking every step
I seek a beating pulse in each clangorous footfall


Sometimes I pause
On unfamiliar shores edging unexplored vastnesses
My eyes reaching the heaving watery horizons
From where age, like swelling tide
Rises in rollicking waves 
Each touching a note higher than the previous
Before breaking into scintillating moments 
On moist sands of time

Sometimes I sit on the moist sand
And gaze at the pieces of past
Just watching through the wait of long lazy hours
Looking for a glimpse of myself 
Or an eyeful of you
And the drumming of a heartbeat in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you write will show what you think and what you think is who you are.